As you’re undoubtedly aware, there are a huge number of touring caravan sites up and down the country, from the north to the south, east and west. In other posts here at Caravan Helper, we’ve covered caravan parks within walking distances from towns, about whether to take a caravan holiday in Polperro or Looe, the best caravan parks in Norfolk along with adults only parks in that region and the best caravan parks in the Lake District.
As another helpful and easy to follow guide, in this post we are going to discuss 10 of the best, 5-star rating touring caravan parks in the country. These are essentially the best of the best, for when you are looking not to compromise and settle on just a pitch in a decent area but want a top-notch caravan site to stay at for your holidays.
10 5 Star Touring Caravan Sites
South Lytchett Manor Caravan and Camping Park
Address: Dorchester Road, Lytchett Minster, Poole, Dorset, BH16 6JB
It’s fair to say that South Lytchett Manor not only has a sterling reputation as one of Dorset’s caravan parks and campsites, but one of the finest in the country. It is in the beautiful and serene 20-acres worth of parkland that was once Lytchett Manor estate.
The park is famed for its modern and very clean facilities as well as its breezy and relaxed atmosphere. Family-run, some of the great features and facilities you have access to here includes:
- Family bathroom
- Compliant disabled bathroom
- 2 separate family-sized shower rooms
- Professional-grade hairdryers and full-length mirrors
- Disabled shower room
- Music piped into all amenities
- Free Wi-Fi and Internet access
- Laundry room with both high-quality washers and dryers
- Large pitches for twin-axle caravans
- Hardstanding deluxe pitches
- Fully serviced caravan pitches with electric hook-up, TV connection and water
- Washing up area
- Pet friendly, with a dog walk and 2.5-acres of off-lead area and dog washing facilities
- Fully stocked site shop with off licence, meat products and everything else you could want.
- On-site bakery during high season
As well as the above, the site is perfectly located to provide quick access to Bournemouth and Poole and there is a great local pub just 10 minute’s away called St Peter’s Finger.
Delph Bank Touring Park
Address: Old Main Road, Fleet Hargate, Holbeach PE128L
Delph Bank Touring Park is set in the heart of the beautiful and tranquil Fens and is a 5-star site that’s won awards and is fully dedicated to adults only. 6-acres of superbly maintained land it is also dog-friendly and full of mature trees, flowering plants and amazing local wildlife and birds. All couples and groups that come to stay there have access to excellent amenities such as:
- Completely free hot water
- Cutting-edge wet room showers
- Private female cubicles
- Shaver connection points, hand dryers and hairdryers
- Self-contained suite for disabled users, accessed by radar key
- Laundry and dishwashing room
- Service pitches
- Hardstanding and grass pitches
- Electric hook-up
- Wi-Fi internet access
- WC chemical disposal and wastewater points
- Manned reception and information centre
Aside from the above, the park is perfectly situated close to Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire and North Norfolk to act as a base for any holiday in that region. Locally, there is also a village pub, restaurant, tea rooms and fam shop that are all easy to access on foot.
Green Hill Farm Caravan and Camping Park
Address: New Road, Landford Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 2AZ
Found deep in Wiltshire, Green Hill Farm Holiday Park is a very peaceful getaway that sits just against the New Forest. It is counted as being within the national park and provides access to the park for users. A mix of grassland and woodland, there is a lot to see and do on-site. So much so that you may not want to head outside and explore the local surroundings.
Some of the great facilities and features available here are:
- Toilets and showers, including large showers, with underfloor heating during winter
- Private cubicles containing generously big basins
- Fully-functioning and equipped disabled room and shower
- Family bathroom including basin, mini toilet, baby changing facilities, shower and child-size bath
- Adult bathroom with shower and bath that can be hired for the day
- Hairdryers and clothes drying areas
- Electric hook-up
- Laundry with washers, dryers and irons
- Children’s play area
- Licensed bar
- Reception area and small licenced shop
- Dog and bike washing facilities
- Games room
- Table Tennis, Mini-golf, basketball and netball
- Mountain bike hire
Whether you come with children, dogs or just as a couple or small group, this is a perfect spot for a relaxing break that can be as full of activity or not as you want.
Address: Castle Lane, Woodbury, Exeter, EX5 1EA
Webbers Park is a 5-star family-run park based in Devon that has stunning views of the River Exe and Dartmoor and is based just a few miles from Exeter and the natural beauty that is Woodbury Common featuring 3,000-acres of heathland, completely unspoiled. The site is also ideal for those looking for a great beach holiday as Exmouth Beach is nearby and there is a wide variety of other great activities you can participate in.
On site, there are some amazing features and facilities you have access to, including:
- Free hot water
- Fully heated toilets
- Showers, toilets and modesty/privacy cubicles
- Family shower and bathrooms
- Disabled facilities
- Laundry facilities including washing machines and tumble dryers
- Reception and shop
- Dogs and children welcome, plus appropriate facilities, including dog walks
- Tourer pitches
- Extra large pitches for double-axle vehicles
Poston Mill Park
Address: Peterchurch, Golden Valley, Hereford HR2 0SF
The award-winning Poston Mill Park located in the beautiful area of Hereford is one site you need to consider visiting if a relaxing and calming experience is what you’re after. On 35-acres of land is accessible and dogs are welcome.
Some of the great facilities and features, alongside the stunning scenery and landscapes, that this park offers includes:
- Hardstanding and fully serviced pitches
- Heated bathroom and shower facilities
- Dog walk, dog wash and dog drying
- Disabled facilities
- Restaurant and shop onsite
- Laundry room with dishwashing
As well as the amenities listed above, there are many more still and the site is a great base for a holiday in the area with easy to access both the main town of Hereford and Hay on Wye.
Beaconsfield Holiday Park
Address: Beaconsfield, Upper Battlefield, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 4AA
Another family-run caravan park catering to adults only and providing a luxury and picturesque experience for the discerning tourer it is located with the gorgeous Shropshire. So, if you want to explore the history and heritage found at Ironbridge, Heart of England and Shrewsbury museums, you can from this great 5-star caravan site.
While on site you can access a full array of fantastic features and facilities, such as:
- Luxury bathroom and shower facilities
- Laundry room with coin-operated washers, dryers and irons
- Dog walking area
- Restaurant and coffee shop
- Heated steam room and indoor swimming pool (that can also be hired out privately)
That last part alone has already thinking we should be booking ourselves a holiday there, so we can only guess just how appealing it will be to you reading this!
Old Oaks Touring Park
Address: Wick Farm, Wick, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 8JS
Bit of a pattern forming here, but another adults-only park is the 5-star Old Oaks Touring, Camping and Glamping park. This is set within a truly stunning and peaceful area of Somerset, with splendid vistas if the Mendip hills and just a setting that screams ‘getaway’, in a very quiet whispery voice obviously. There is a total of 88 touring pitches, so this is clearly not a small operation. Just the location of the park means you can have a great holiday exploring many of the most fantastic cities in towns in the region including Street, Bristol, Bath, Frome, Cheddar and Wells.
On-site facilities and features for Old Oaks are second-to-none as you’d probably imagine from our introduction and includes:
- Extra-large pitches suitable for twin-axle vehicles
- 2 clean and luxury shower blocks featuring 11 private shower rooms, accessible showers, toilet, lady’s vanity bar and separate male and female sections
- 2 laundries with washers and dryers
- Dishwashing areas
- Off licence and shop
- Bean to cup coffee machine
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the park
- Dogs are welcome and there’s a 300-metre dog exercise space and hot shower for dogs
Eye Kettleby Lakes
Address: Eye Kettleby, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE14 2TN
If you’re looking to do a little fishing and enjoy a luxury caravan holiday in a stunning location, loo k no further than Eye Kettleby Lakes in Leicestershire. The 150-acre site has a lot to offer within its perimeters but is also close to local attractions and cities such as Melton Mowbray, known for Stilton cheese and pork pies, Nottingham and Leicester. Perhaps you’ll just decide to stay on site though and who could blame you with access to:
- Standard Pitches
- Super pitches with grey waste drain, electric hook-up point (16amp), water supply and TV connection
- Shower block
- Laundry with washing and drying facilities
- Wheelchair access
- Dog shower
- On-site clubhouse, tearoom and bar
- Wi-Fi available throughout the park
- Dog walking area
- Pool table
- Site shop
- Cycle hire
Ord House Country Park
East Ord, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 2NS
Heading to the north? Check out Ord House Country Park deep within Northumberland. This is an award-winning 5-star park with 44-acres of grounds to explore with an abundance of trees, shrubs and flowers. This is perfectly located within proximity of the small and endearing market town Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Some of the great features offered on-site though, include:
- Generously sized pitches
- Shower and toilet buildings that have won awards
- Laundrette with dull washing and drying facilities
- Free Wi-Fi across the site
- Dogs are welcome and there are dog walking areas
- Disabled amenities
- Licenced clubhouse with family and lounge rooms
- Ball games field, table tennis, crazy golf and playground
- Indoor soft play area
Address: East Moors Lane, Ringwood Road, nr New Forest BH24 2SB
Located in Hampshire and close to the New Forest National Park, Shamba Holidays is a wide and spacious caravanning and camping park. Children, families and dogs are all welcome there and it has a lovely warm and friendly atmosphere. Although it only covers an area of 7-acres, there are 150 level tourer and camping pitches and an additional 12-acre field for all kinds of recreational activities, including football and dog walking.
The site is well-situated for access to Bournemouth and the New Forest, so you can explore nature, check out some high-quality beaches, go to the theatre, shop and so much more. Furthermore, as it’s based on the Dorset-Hampshire border you can also use the site as a base for adventures along the Jurassic Coast and throughout the beautiful county of Dorset.
On-site you will find some great features and facilities such as:
- Level pitches with electric hook up
- Wi-Fi throughout the park
- Shower and toilet blocks, including family changing and shower rooms, a family bathroom and wheelchair user-shower room
- Laundrette with washing machines and tumble dryers
- Shaver connector points
- Chemical disposal
- Shop with large stock
- 40ft indoor and outdoor pool (heated)
- Games room
- Children’s play area
So, as you can see, there are no shortage of great, luxury standard 5-star caravan parks up and down England. Although we’ve highlighted the 10, we really like the sound and look of the most, there are many more. UK caravan and camping parks have a great reputation. We tried to pick out sites from all over the country, in the north, midlands and south and while most are pet and child-friendly you’ll noticed some are strictly child-free zones, so if you don’t want screaming and playing kids disturbing your R and R time, then they’re perfect.
It really depends on what you want though. If you are looking for just a place to park up and then explore the area, you will find a multitude of great options. Whereas, if you are looking for somewhere you can use as a base but also remain on site for the entirety of your trip, the parks listed in this post will provide you with a truly awesome and memorable holiday experience.